Sunday, June 30, 2013

Moving on

I am getting nervous about this upcoming move. Alaska is going to be so much different than what we are used to.   That darkness and then the neverending light...  The -50 degree weather.  I'm nervous.  I have been told that the mosquitos there are mutants.  They call them the state birds.  Have you been there? Good? Bad?

I keep trying to tell myself that to many people live there, they wouldn't live somewhere that's inhabitable lol.  You get so used to certain creature comforts, ya know like not running out of bread or milk in the winter.  I know its not going to be all bad but I'm nervous and a little scared.

I'm leaving Megan's grave to the care of someone else.  I know they will take good care of her but it still sucks.  Hopefully we will be able to find a cute moose ornament for her gravesite. 

Amanda is 21 months now and is super addicted to the show "Doc McStuffins".   I made the mistake of buying her a few items of clothing with her on it and she tosses huge fits when you try to take said clothes off or refuse to put them on.  Its kind of funny but not.  I do know that the 30 minutes of doc means she won't move from the tv so I can get the house clean which is always nice.  She doesn't say many words, but they are slowly starting to add up.  I'm sure that doesn't make much sense, but I know what her words mean, but they are just now turning into  actual undertstandable words.   She is doing really great, loves to play in the dirt.  Oh boy does she love dirt.  I think we need a sand box because that has to be cleaner right?

Emily is doing wonderful, she is the best big sister ever.  She is almost 9.  She is my built in awesome babysitter.  She wants to do things with her all the time and Amanda of course just wants to be with big sister.  She has started potty training her.  If Emily sits on the toilet, Amanda has to sit on her toilet as well.  Its all fun and games till the baby pees or poos on the floor.  Then its "MOM".   I really can't say much though because I'm betting having Amanda want to copy Emily so much will really make potty training easier. 

We are just enjoying our last summer here, we were supposed to be moved already.  In with the inlaws to save some money for the move, but we are now waiting till August.  Should be a lot of fun to with family all the time, but poor dad will have to do lots of commuting and staying with his brother during the week.  It will be worth in the long run though to be able to move to Alaska and not have to worry about purchasing expensive winter gear and deposits etc etc. 
 
 Wild Amanda, sand has to be easier right?
Beautiful Emily at the zoo
 Must have Doc Mcstuffins on at all times

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

didn't know you were moving. i can understand how it would be hard to do. i do hear great things about alaska, though. hoping you have a smooth, gentle move/transition. your girls are gorgeous.

Kimberly Smith said...

I'd be worried about the month of vampires in Alaska, lol

Em said...

I follow a blog fortheloveofbabyliam and Becky lives in Alaska. She loves it...maybe you will too. We live in Northern Canada...we love it...neverending daylight is hard though as it's 11pm now and my kiddos are just dozing off...so hard when it's the same light at noon as at midnight. And the mosquitoes aren't that bad, really...or maybe we just got used to them...I think the hardest part is leaving Megan's grave. Or it would be for me...I'm looking fwd to how your adventures unfold in Alaska.

michelle said...

I cant wait to hear more about it when you move, I have always wanted to visit Alaska, maybe someday when we can take a few day drive its not to to far from Surrey BC. Good luck with the move when you go xoxo ps love the pics

Jamie said...

Your kidos are so cute! Your Amanda and my Hannah are only two months apart in age. Sounds like both have great big sisters. Don't they just make any day a bit better?

Good luck in Alaska!
((hugz))

Jamie said...

Hey Jenny - Thanks for your comments on my blog, and yes, I would love to run with your friend in memory of Megan!!! I just sent her a message via facebook. Megan would be an excellent reason to keep running the Peachtree! :-)

((hugz))

marisa said...

Hi Jenny,

It has been so long since I have read the blogs and I am trying to catch up. Alaska is supposed to be a beautiful place. I can imagine how hard it is to leave Megan's grave to the care of another person. Through your pics you can see how much care you put into keeping it neat.

Your daughters are so big, and so beautiful. All the best with your move.

Marisa

MrsH said...

I live close to Alaska and it is actually not so bad. The summers are bright and daylight is long. We grow tomatoes very well...
Winter...not so nice...making me depressed thinking that it is september already.

Renae said...

Need guidance from true moms that feel my raw, unbearable pain. MY 23 month old daughter passed away 21 days ago, her 2 nd birthday was two days ago. Dont want to go on, only want to be with her. Wait everyday for her to come home, feeling of helplessness.
Thak you for comfort
Renae
Londyns mama

Renae said...

My 23 month old passed away 21 days ago she would have turned 2 two days ago. Feeling numb, suffocating and only want her back. Seeking moms with emotions that they can relate with me.
Thanks for comfort
Renae
Londyns mama

Renae said...

Need guidance from true moms that feel my raw, unbearable pain. MY 23 month old daughter passed away 21 days ago, her 2 nd birthday was two days ago. Dont want to go on, only want to be with her. Wait everyday for her to come home, feeling of helplessness.
Thak you for comfort
Renae
Londyns mama